Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Breathing

I have begun work on my mind map!  Rough hair test, colours, etc.  Overlayed the original photo to make it a bit brighter and bolder.  I'm quite pleased with the result.  

Note to self: Photoshop doesn't like SAI files, and the Photoshop file is too big for SAI to handle.  Lots of saving images and importing them back and forth.  Painting happens in SAI, images are saved, are imported to Photoshop and edited there.



Further progress!  Background has been painted, lots of flowy rainbow lines.  I may end up repainting the self portrait.  We'll see.  Someday I'll get around to my facial features and the rest of the photoshopping.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent progress. The looseness of the illustration and vibrant color palette is refreshing. Will you keep it this way or tighten it to be a more realistic portrait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on adding loose features to the portrait, but it's by no means going to be realistic. :)

    Still concerned about how exactly I want to work my images in--I want to do something more than just laying them in their correct colour sections, but I'm trying to figure out a good alternative, maybe a way to blend or intertwine them a bit better. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete