Monday, February 25, 2013

A piece of heaven

The Kiss, by Kaytseki
Stylewise, Kaytseki is probably my favourite artist in the entire world.  Her work is a peculiar blend between traditional painting and the manga look from Japanese comics, coupled with an excellent taste in colour and a lovely, opaque painting style that draws the eye to shapes and yet coheres into a whole. I can't quite describe it, so you'll just have to look!  I can't praise her enough.  Everything she does is sensitive and gorgeous, a perfect blend between the strength and fragility.  She takes the best advantage of the possibilities of the digital art medium, creating a fusion between the richness of traditional painting and the cleanness of digital work to make something uniquely ethereal.

I'm sorry, my words are everywhere.  I just adore this artist in every way imaginable.  Go check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment