Tuesday, January 29, 2013

RE: Synchronize

Some new attempts at blending fast and slow.

I... fail at drawing racecars.  The gist, though, is a racecar bored sick on a tediously slow ferry.  He's bored sea-sick! 

 Like a seal in... molasses?  I'm not sure about the composition of this one, because capturing molasses without labeling it is my preference, but I wasn't sure how to go about that.
 Slothet.  A sloth sleeping on a comet!  Pardon the awful sloth drawing, but the idea was adorable.
 Ballroom breakdancing.  Just a rough sketch.  How rude!  I'd love to have a lady in a ball gown doing this, but considering that these are concepts for a composite, I'm not sure I could find the necessary images.
 Stop and smell the--oh.  Or not. Lady Bug is quite put off by Grass Hopper's behaviour.
 Talk about working for one's breakfast!!  This won't be easy.  Not today, Mr. Falcon!  Not today.
 I like the concept of this one, even though I can't draw planes to save my life.  Insert anything speedy into smoke, really, but I chose a Blue Angel (if you haven't seen them perform, you're missing out!) because it's my childhood embodiment of speed. 
 And this is why the rabbit lost the race. 
 Instead of an asteroid, how about a turtle?  Either that, or he's skydiving.  "Mach Turtle."
The tortoise and the hare, in their older years?  The tortoise got the better end, of course.

2 comments:

  1. The skydiving tortoise or sloth is strong - also the race car on the slow boat to China -- interesting to have the hare on he tortoise, maybe he needs racing stripes, a number or wheels to emphasize he's built for speed. I would develop theses three - let's see what the others think tomorrow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I'm also quite fond of the smoke plane. What do you think of that one?

    ReplyDelete