Monday, January 14, 2013

From the Chrysalis


"We all eat a handful of dirt before we die. Who cares if it tastes like cherries?" ~Gunnerkrigg Court

Hey, welcome to my corner!  I'm Rebekah (codename Bex), and I'm enrolled in a Photoshop course at the University of Tulsa.  First. Art. Class. YES.  I'm a former Biology major turned English major turned English major plus anything artsy I can get my grabby hands on.  Basically, I'm that Asian kid who tried to do the math/science/engineering thing and finally decided to follow her heart instead.

I'm primarily interested in graphic design, digital painting, cartooning (also sculpture and a lot of non-Photoshop arts!), and character design.  No training, but a twenty years of trammeled aspirations here!

During this course, I'd like to learn how to use Photoshop to edit, improve, and enhance my visual work, be it drawings, photos, or designs.  I have a number of sketches, as well as some pieces I'm interested in trying, that I would like to use.  Some of these can be found at my DeviantArt account.

One goal I have in mind is to create a polished logo design of professional quality.  Another is to improve on one or more of my personal drawings.  In general, I'd like to find an artistic style I can call my own. 

At this point, my knowledge of Adobe Photoshop from 0-10 rates at a ZERO.  I'm excited to learn!

Note: I'm not very familiar with Macs.  I've used them twice for classes, but the shortcuts and such are like hieroglyphics to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment