Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brighten


First draft of my zoo billboard practice!  I'm really enjoying playing with the saturation, light levels, and colours of this piece.  So far, I've darkened the background and cast a strong oversaturation on the snake, and I've begun adding all sorts of animal textures and skins as a mixture of hard lights and overlays, which I find works quite nicely for my purposes as it allows the scales to show through in varying opacities.

EDIT: oh gosh, forgot credits. *facesmack*  I shall add those tomorrow morning when I get back to working on this.  It's late and past my bedtime now. 



EDIT: Did some more work in class.  The background still needs work, but I'm quite happy with how the snake is coming along.  Still need to remember credits, because I'm incredibly dense and forgetful.


EDIT: Credits added, background blurred and darkened.



EDIT: Experimenting a bit with the background--lightened, threw a gradient over the top.


EDIT: Kept the gradient, removed the blur in favour of a posterized look.




EDIT: Fiddling with the background is just way too much fun.  In other news, added the Tulsa Zoo logo!!  I think I'm going to leave the right side open, because on an actual billboard it's likely there would be some amount of text, and maintaining space for that seems like a good idea.


EDIT: Just fiddling with logo size/location.


No comments:

Post a Comment